Sunday, March 8, 2009

Either my kids are really stupid or we are fantastic liars.

We surprised the kids with a family vacation:

Before Disney World:

We went shopping for summer clothes in 30 degree weather.
I packed for one week and had several suitcases in my room.
For a week the kids had to do double the homework... and didn't wonder why.
Everyone else knew.
A few people asked them, "You're going to be out of town next week, right?" "No."
We told the kids that before school we needed to take their grandma to the airport. "Grandma, it's your lucky day. I wish we were going on vacation."
At the airport we unloaded 6 suitcases. Chandler said, "Mom, I have a dumb question, but why are there so many airplanes." (Don't you think the question should have been something else...?)
After getting them out of the car and backpacks on Morgan said, "Great. We are going to stay here for two hours."
Chandler was upset he was going to miss chorus.
I finally had to repeat a few times.
"Do you want to go on vacation?"
"Really???"
"REALLY!!!"





After Disney World we told the kids we were going to the airport to go home.
We boarded a bus with "Disney Cruise Line" written in huge lettering on the side of the bus.
When boarding a lady said, "Have a great cruise." Jason dismissed her as being crazy.
The 60 minute bus ride had a 60 minute movie about the cruise.
When we got to the cruise terminal Jason said, "We got on the wrong bus. It took us to the cruise instead of the airport. We better go in and figure out how to get a bus back to the airport."
They didn't figure it out until the cruise greeting crew convinced them.




14 comments:

Bonnie said...

PRICELESS!

Teresa said...

That was so cute! You guys are such fun parents!

Jill Taylor said...

How funny! Lucky kids!

Julie said...

How fun! The video made me cry, so sweet to suprise them this way.

Church Fam said...

that cracked me up! love it!

Kristi said...

Super Funny! I think it is that kids are just dumb! HA HA

Ed and Susan said...

When we can't visualize something happening, we miss all the signs leading to that something. The kids are not DUMB, just unprepared for the unexpected.

Annejelynn said...

they're simply very trusting kids!

I love Ashtyn's look of utter confusion and Chandler shaking his head over and over, absolutely stunned. How fun!!!!

Wendy said...

I can't wait to hear the story straight from the kids, they always have such a different way of interpreting events.

janet said...

sorry, I have been out of the blogging world, thus my lack of enthusiasm for your last few posts.

HOLY COW! You are the COOLEST parents ever. Not just because you planned the trip but because you surprised them... twice! I loved the video. I am sure it was SUCH a fun trip. one you will always remember.

Trisha said...

That is fantastic!
Surprises are the best! How fun. Ü

Jess said...

Y'all sure know how to pack it in!

Congrats on your first half marathon... I love it that Amber can just up and decide to do something like that. Someday I would like to be that cool :)

Jess said...

oopsie! I posted the wrong one. Sorry!

And let's hope that you are just fantastic liars :)

Chandler said...

Thanks Mom! You really got us that time! We are so stupid! Ha Ha