Thursday, October 9, 2008

I didn't know I sang

A few days after my last post was published I watched this video from my good friend Janet's blog. I had to watch it a couple times to get all the words. The song goes along so well with my last post and describes my days remarkably accurately. I smiled. I laughed. Got a little choked up. And it felt good to know that maybe I'm not as abnormal as I thought I was.

From feeling dead in the morning, pushing the snooze button three times, praying for help to not pull out my hair as I get revved up for the day. Captain Crunch for breakfast, plopping Ethan in front of Sesame Street- a small price to pay for my sanity. Dishes, laundry, scrubbing the floor, bathrooms, vacuuming, the thought "I really should hire help" crossing my mind :), errands, paying the bills, e-mailing, blogging, diaper changing, homework, lessons, taking friends home, picking kids up, pizza for dinner... and at the end of the day when Jason asks, "what did you do today?", a common response is "just the usual".

This is Hilary Weeks, an LDS song writer who performs at women conferences across the country. (I got to see her four years ago at a conference in Spokane). I think she wrote this song for me :)




I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!!!

Thanks Janet for the song.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Cute :) and so dead on for you!

Bonnie said...

You are my hero. I had to go take a nap after I read all that you do! It made me tired!
You are incredible!