Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanksgiving day was full of activities that involved the three top things I am grateful for: my religion, my family, and my health.

HEALTH

The day started at 7 a.m. when I joined my father in law and three sisters in law, Kristi, Trisha, and Aubri for our second annual one-hour Thanksgiving cycle class at the Cottonwood Recreation Center. How is it possible to laugh during a sweaty, heart pumping cycle class? The Poulsens never have a problem finding things funny.
After the class Brittany, another sister in law, and I ran the Cottonwood Heights Thanksgiving 5 K.

I am so grateful for my heath and body that allows me to do such activities.

FAMILY

At noon I went with Jason and my kids to my mother and father in law’s house for a delicious lunch. All of Jason’s sisters and their families were there and Jason’s Grandpa and Grandma. I enjoyed eating, talking, and relaxing with such fun people.
After lunch I went home for a 45-minute nap and then Jason, the kids, and I were off to my sister Wendy’s house in Kaysville to have dinner with her husband and kids, my mom, dad, brother Jared, and his wife Nanette. It was a small group this year because my other siblings were taking their Thanksgiving turn with their in laws. It was such a pleasant evening as we ate, talked, and played cards together.
The day really wasn’t full of spectacular events. It was a wonderfully simple day full of family time.

I am grateful for my in laws who have always been extremely kind and loving to me.
I am grateful for my parents, siblings, and their families. We all get along wonderfully and would do anything for each other.
Including Jason’s and my family we have 33 members. I am grateful we all live in Utah and see each other on a regular basis.
I am grateful for a wonderful husband and four very good kids. I really enjoy being around my entire family.

RELIGION

“Religion is not a thing apart from life.”--Marion D. Hanks

I am grateful that I know where I came from, why I am here, and where I hope to go. This knowledge makes everything, including Thanksgiving, more meaningful. Everything I have is because of a loving Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. Everything I am grateful for is because of Them.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Great post, Suzanne! You certainly earned your turkey, didn't you :)

McKinlay Family said...

Suz: You really are great. Let's go play soon. Seriously.

Annejelynn said...

I meant to call you last week and it didn't happen! (lots of other things I meant to do didn't happen either) I'm glad you had such a pleasant Turkey Day with your families! wonderful! I miss you! I'll give ya a ring this weekend while I'm xmas decorating (We're getting our tree tonight or tomorrow!) mmwah!

Em said...

How nice! Lovely blog. And I love the George Winston too :)Excellent taste!