Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Twelve Doings and Deeds of December

12 times I’ve wondered if we are going to get around to sending Christmas cards this year…
the answer is NO.
11 really restless nights.
December has brought a bout of insomnia for no reason.
10 activities I don’t have on my schedule for two weeks!!!
Spelling, math, piano, hockey, gymnastics, ballet, jazz, ski school, chorus, theatre class.
9 Christmas activities we have done so far this month.
Watching Jim Carrey’s “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”, Enrichment Christmas dinner, Ward Christmas breakfast, riding light rail to see the lights on Temple Square, the Fairbanks’ Family Fun Christmas party, watching Polar Express, going to Heber for the Polar Express, annual sub for Santa shopping with my mom and siblings, dinner and movie (Scrooged) with friends.



8 Christmas art pieces taped to my refrigerator.



7 people on my roof and 700 nails that blew off my roof.
6 X 10 hours a week that Jason has been working.
5 Christmas performances:
Chandler’s chorus, Ashtyn’s “studio kids”, Morgan’s kindergarten sing, Ashtyn’s jazz dance, and Morgan’s ballet dance.



4 days a week that I continue to try to exercise.
3 days Jason has had off of work this month.
2 year old that is proving the “terrible two” theory is FOR REAL.



1 thought that keeps crossing my mind… I believe in the Christmas Spirit.
-the Spirit of Christ-

I love Christmas time when I get to see the world feel Christ’s Spirit. I don’t feel the Spirit all the time but I sure love it when I do. For the last couple of weeks I haven’t felt the Christmas Spirit much. But no worries…I’m just remembering the times I have felt the Spirit and holding on to those memories until I get to feel it again. For me Christmas is always a good time to remember and renew my efforts to feel the Spirit more often.

President Monson has said, "As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow Him, we shall have the Christmas Spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always."

Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol" declares at last, "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach."

I hope to do the same.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

That was a wonderful post, Suzanne! Merry Christmas!

Jess said...

Busy girl, as usual, Suzanne! Looks like, even if you don't get Christmas cards out [I know I won't this year, I am even questioning neighbor gifts at this point!], looks like you have done the stuff that matters.
:)

Wendy Bird said...

I always love your blog. It's been a fun month. However....the mostest fun is yet to come. Wendy and Suzanne's cooking baking adventure!!!!!! I love you

rosanne said...

Terrible two, whatever! Look at that angel face! That boy brings smiles to everyone's face (even if he is sticking his tongue out at you!) Just love the kid...and you!

Merry Christmas, Suzanne!:)

Lisa said...

Hi! I always read your blog, but I never comment! I love your posts, you are amazing, I can't believe the schedule that you keep! 2 comments on this post: I thought 60+ hour work weeks were over for you guys! and, you came all the way to Heber and didn't come see us - you're in trouble! Love you guys, Lisa

janet said...

Life just gets busier and busier, doesn't it? The trick is remembering what is important... because it gets you through the madness, somehow!

We were just in SLC and we would have LOVED to see you guys... but when life is crazy, there is just not enough time!! It makes me feel better to know that Jason was probably working and you were running around seeing dance/school performances.

Merry Christmas to you all! Love you lots!

Gornichec's said...

That is such a cute idea! your so funny! you sound as busy as we are! we need to keep in touch better! You family is adorable!