Saturday, June 21, 2008

triathlon number two




I completed the Provo sprint triathlon! It was so much fun.....when it was over. I'm not going to lie, it was a hard 1 1/2 hours. I was trying to keep calm in the open water while I felt other swimmers in such close proximity. Then my hamstrings were worked on my bike ride, and the run was just survive to the end. I'm sure I didn't look graceful as I painfully crossed the finish line. But the pain was worth it. I placed 4th in my age group and 15th overall for women! Way fun! I really do like triathlons. It's a great motivational tool to keep me working hard at the gym. I would never do a race on my own so I'm grateful I know people who enjoy doing them. Good job to Nanette, Deanne, Rosanne and Jeana!!! We survived!

10 comments:

Casey Hyer Photography said...

Congratulations Suzanne! I wish I could have done it with you. We will have to do another one this summer or fall. You make it sound like you struggled but I don't believe it for a second. You are in WAY good shape!

Nanette said...

you did awesome! What a fun morning. Can't wait for spudman!

Ed and Susan said...

Hey Suz

So glad you like triathlons and have good a good support system with family and friends. Congratulations and well done.

Luv Ya

Mom & Dad

Jess said...

I wish I had been there with you guys instead of at work all day! Congrats on your first open water race :)

kennoncrew said...

you are a fast mama!(for a blogger too--i wanted to show armando pics and you win for having them up the fastest!) so fun--can't wait to do it again! and i love the song!

rosanne said...

You are awesome! I still have to email you the BEST pics of the race - your "after the race" face is priceless! So glad I got to do it with you!

Wendy said...

This is my first comment ever !

All I have to say is STOP IT ! All this running around is rediculous. Can't you just lay around in your own filth with your face in a bag of cheeto's? Live the American dream, Suz!
from
your older and fatter sis

The Henwood's said...

Way to go Suz! I just saw your comment on our blog. You have such a cute family! I can't believe you have the energy to do all that you do! Wonder Woman! We should really all get together sometime soon!

Annejelynn said...

holy cow ! you so rock!

janet said...

girl... you are so inspiring!!! You're making the rest of us moms look bad!